Adrenaline and Adventure
Get your adrenaline and adventure fix with an abundance of activities and experiences across NSW. Ever wanted to dive with sharks? How about skydiving above beaches or canyoning in ancient wilderness? You’ll find all of these and more in NSW.
Jump out of a plane at 14,000 feet and free-fall at more than 200km/h, before gently floating to the ground as the parachute opens. Exhilarating skydives are on offer all over the state, including in Newcastle, Wollongong, Goulburn and Moruya.
For a close encounter with grey nurse sharks, head to South West Rocks on the North Coast. Here you can dive Fish Rock Cave, considered to be one of the best cave dives in Australia, where you’re likely to see the endangered sharks.
Another great dive is Montague Island, home to colonies of fur seals and little penguins, the smallest penguins in the world. The fur seals can grow to more than two metres in length and swim to depths of 200 metres. The island is 8km off Narooma, part of the gorgeous Eurobodalla region on the South Coast.
NSW is home to Australia’s highest zipline, the Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures, near Jamberoo. You’ll also find the Jamberoo Action Park, where you can rush and whirl down giant multi-storey water rides such as the Funnel Web.
For one of the longest rollercoaster-style ziplines in the world, head to the TreeTops Crazy Rider in the Ourimbah State Forest, on the Central Coast. For child-friendly flying foxes, rope bridges and obstacle courses, check out TreeTop Adventure Park in Newcastle.
Other adrenaline-fuelled adventures in NSW include:
- Whitewater rafting with Exodus Adventures on the Nymboida River
- Skiing and snowboarding in Snowy Mountain terrain parks, in the snow season
- After the snow melts, mountain biking on the Thredbo Downhill Bike Run
- Canyoning in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains
- Abseiling and caving in the Bungonia National park, near Goulburn
- Surfing iconic North Coast surf breaks, such as Lennox Head