Food and wine in Griffith
Griffith is at the heart of the vast Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area and produces about 60% of the grapes grown in the State. Visit big-name wineries such as De Bortoli and Hanwood, stock up on local produce such as jams, preserves or pasta sauces.
- Saturday 8 June to Monday 10 June Hay Mini Nationals
The township of Hay located
- Saturday 8 June to Sunday 9 June unWINEd in the Riverina
About Griffith Area
Griffith offers a blend of cuisine, culture and mulitcultural atmosphere. The area proudly identifies with its Italian migrant heritage, with fine Italian food and wine. Exercise your palate with a visit to some of the renowned wineries in the region, including De Bortoli Wines, McWilliam's Hanwood Estate and Melange Wines.
For outdoors enthusiasts, picturesque Lake Wyangan offers camping, sailing and fishing while the River Drive along the Murrumbidgee to Narrandera, Tubbo Station and Lake Talbot is a popular touring route. Fivebough Wetlands near Leeton is home to rare and endangered birds that migrate here during winter in the northern hemisphere.
- Griffith Griffith is at the heart of the vast Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area and produces about 60% of the grapes gr...
- Hay Take a heritage walk around town and admire the buildings that give the town its gracious air....
- Hillston Head for Willandra National Park, 64 km to the north of Hillston....
- Leeton Become a 'twitcher' for a day and spot migratory birds, rare species...
- Narrandera Wide verandahs shade the streets of Narrandera while elegant two-storey buildings are...