If you're feeling like a breath of fresh air or a short break to recharge your batteries, the beautiful South Coast of NSW beckons with some spectacular scenery and adventure experiences. Crystal-clear bays and lakes, uncrowded beaches and beautiful rivers are perfect year-round for fishing, diving, canoeing, and boating while the pristine bushland is enjoyed by bush walkers, bird-lovers and cycling enthusiasts.
Take in stunning scenery and coastal views along the 22 km Kiama Coast Walk, or the 31 km Light to Light Walk on the Sapphire Coast. See sleek fur seals up close, in the wild, at Montague Island off the coast from Narooma. Camp on the beaches of the Shoalhaven and go surfing in Shellharbour. Top it all off with some great food and wine at cafes and restaurants located by a river, overlooking the beach or amidst the vines.
The region includes Wollongong, Kiama, the Shoalhaven towns of Jervis Bay, Nowra, Mollymook and Ulladulla, while Eurobodalla towns include Batemans Bay, Moruya and Mogo. The southernmost towns of Bega, Merimbula, Pambula and Tathra are on the Sapphire Coast.
Wednesday 15 April to Thursday 23 April 2015
2015 Bowls World Cup The 2015 Bowls World Cup will be he
Saturday 18 April to Sunday 19 April 2015
Maryanne Wick Art Workshop Alison's Art Workshops at Jervi
Saturday 18 April to Sunday 19 April 2015
Wedding Open Day The newly refurbished Ulladulla Civ
Enjoy surfing, stand up paddleboarding, swimming or fishing on Shoalhavens pristine beaches - Hyams Beach is especially spectacular. Discover great food & wine in the regions villages. Diving, snorkelling and seasonal dolphin and whale-watching tours are also popular here. Enjoy a camping experience unlike any other by setting up a tent on this majestic stretch of coastline.
Unwind on Shellharbours fantastic surf beaches including The Farm', a National Surfing Reserve, in Killalea State Park. Go fishing with the family at Lake Illawarra in Shellhabour, or see marine life while snorkelling and diving at Bass Point Reserve. Visit Macquarie Pass National Park for great bushwalking and waterfalls. Take a scenic flight or skydive from the Illawarra Regional Airport.
Experience a wildlife adventure snorkelling or scuba diving with seals at Montague Island, off the coast of Narooma. Eurobodalla is a dazzling blue landscape of ocean, rivers, lakes and estuaries offering great year-round family activities with its beaches and adventure activities. Taste freshly shucked oysters and other sensational local food and produce.
Meander along the stunning 22 km Kiama Coast Walk through headlands, rivers and beaches all the way to Gerringong. Along the way, visit the popular Kiama Blowhole, a natural rock formation where water spouts 20 metres or more in the air. Pristine beaches, the nearby Minnamurra Rainforest, and green rolling hills make Kiama a place to remember.
Explore the region's coastal wilderness in spectacular nature and parks and enjoy stunning views on the Light to Light Walk. Take advantage of deep-sea fishing off Bermagui, whale-watching at Eden, award-winning cheeses at Bega, bush-fringed beaches at Tathra, water sports in Merimbula, and oysters and a rich Aboriginal cultural heritage around Wallaga Lake.
The Wollongong area offers countless adrenaline-filled adventure activities. Relax on scenic beaches, dine in local restaurants and beachside cafes, and explore the regions golf courses and galleries. Nearby, Stanwell Park features one of the best coastal hang-gliding locations in the world at Bald Hill while Albion Park has many air sports opportunities.
Download the official South Coast App
Plan things to do in the South Coast, decide which restaurants to eat at, book places to stay in and find tours of the South Coast to go on. Included features & functions:
- Up-to-date events listings
- Easy to use Mobile booking system
- My Favourites and My Itinerary
- Current weather
- Currency converter
- Services and facilities maps
- Batemans Bay & Eurobodalla A stunning coastline of beaches, river estuaries and craggy headlands make Eurobodalla an ideal holiday destination.
- Jervis Bay & Shoalhaven The Shoalhaven is a majestic stretch of coastline endowed with beaches and natural attractions.
- Kiama Area Set amongst green rolling hills and pristine beaches, the area's rural charm has been retained by farmland and a network of country and coastal towns.
- Merimbula & Sapphire Coast The allure of the Sapphire Coast is in its sparkling beaches, bays, lakes, cliffs, caves and national parks, all accessible via excellent walking tracks and coastal drives.
- Shellharbour Area Located between the ocean and the dramatic Illawarra escarpment, Shellharbour boasts dazzling beaches, parks and reserves, as well as the serene Lake Illawarra.
- Wollongong & Surrounds The small coastal villages around Wollongong have excellent surfing beaches, cafes and parks.