Welcome to Mudgee
Set in the Cudgegong River valley in Central West NSW, Mudgee is a charming historic town and a popular destination for wine enthusiasts keen to sample its award-winning reds and whites. From its many wineries and national parks to markets, festivals and activities for the kids, Mudgee has much to offer.
- Friday 3 January to Sunday 5 January 2014 Gulgong Folk Festival
*** Latest event details areggg
- Saturday 15 February 2014 Flix in the Stix Mudgee
Flix in the Stix isggg
- Saturday 21 December Mudgee Fine Foods Farmers Markets
Held in the picturesque groundsggg
With local markets, fabulous restaurants, live music, museums, and over 50 cellar doors, there is always something exciting happening in Mudgee.
Cycling is a popular pastime in the Mudgee area, and is a great way to get around the countryside. The annual Mudgee Bike Muster is a weekend of recreational, non-competitive cycling held each Easter, and is fun for all the family.
Held in July, the Mudgee Small Farm Field Days provides a series of presentations for life in rural Australia. Bring the kids along for goat milking, yard dog trials, straw bale building, fashion parades and much more.
Mudgee also hosts a variety of markets. For arts and crafts, local produce and second-hand bargains, visit the Mudgee Markets, held on the second Saturday of the month in Lawson Park. For a huge selection of the freshest local produce, visit the Mudgee Farmers Markets on the third Saturday of the month in the grounds of St Mary’s Catholic Church.
- Gulgong Gulgong, founded during the gold rush, is home to 130 National Trust-classified buildings and the Pioneer...
- Kandos Kandos is a gateway to Wollemi National Park, home to endangered flora and fauna, such as the rare Wollem...
- Mudgee Less than four-hours drive from Sydney a favourite short break if you enjoy food, wine, the great outdoor...
- Rylstone Rylstone is a pretty village with many heritage-listed stone buildings, specialty crafts and natural sere...