Welcome to Mudgee
Set in the Cudgegong River valley in central west New South Wales, Mudgee is a charming, historic town and a popular destination for wine enthusiasts. Three and a half hours drive north-west of Sydney, Mudgee has much to offer visitors, from National Parks and its many wineries, to markets, festivals, and activities for the kids.
Whether you want to explore the town’s natural surroundings on bike or on foot, are keen to learn more about the history of the area, or if you simply want to sample some of the best wines in the state, Mudgee is the ideal choice for your next holiday.
- Friday 7 June to Monday 10 June Henry Lawson Heritage Festival
Lawson's literary tradition is central
- Saturday 15 June to Saturday 20 December 2014 Mudgee Fine Foods Farmers Markets
With local markets, fabulous restaurants, live music, museums, and avoer 50 cellar doors, there is always something exciting happening in Mudgee.
Cycling is a popular pastime in the Mudgee area, and is a great way to get around the countryside. The annual Mudgee Bike Muster is a weekend of recreational, non-competitive cycling held each Easter, and is fun for all the family.
Held in July, the Mudgee Small Farm Field Days provides a series of presentations for life in rural Australia. Bring the kids along for goat milking, yard dog trials, straw bale building, fashion parades and much more.
Mudgee also hosts a variety of markets. For arts and crafts, local produce and second-hand bargains, visit the Mudgee Markets, held on the second Saturday of the month in Lawson Park. For a huge selection of the freshest local produce, visit the Farmers Markets on the third Saturday of the month in the grounds of St Mary’s Catholic Church.
- Gulgong Founded in the heady days of the gold rush, Gulgong has around 130...
- Kandos Kandos is a gateway to the wonderland of Wollemi National Park, the...
- Mudgee Less than four-hours drive from Sydney a favourite short break if you enjoy food, wine, the great outdoor...
- Rylstone Rylstone is a pretty village with many heritage-listed stone buildings, including the...