Mary Brand Park - Moree
Situated on the banks of the Mehi River and representing great significance to Moree's history is Mary Brand Park named after Moree's first store-keeper and hotelier, Mary Brand. Featuring a traditional four-room slab hut 'Meei Cottage', Mary Brand Park offers a spectacular opportunity to relax under the shady canopies of century-old fig trees whilst enjoying the various bird and wildlife that inhabit the surrounding parklands.
A must for photographers and an ideal picnic area; the park backs on to the Mehi River jetty where it is popular for fishing and water sports.
The park commemorates Mary Brand's return to Moree after the death of her first husband, James Brand. Mary built her second store in Moree on this site. She also founded the town's first Hotel, the Moree Inn in 1861.