Armidale and Region Aboriginal Cultural Centre and Keeping Place - Armidale
The Armidale and Region Aboriginal Cultural Centre and Keeping Place showcases a diverse range of Australian Indigenous arts and culture.
Visitors can enjoy aboriginal artefacts, artworks and utensils from New England and exhibiting artists from regional NSW. Touring exhibitions from major galleries and museums are also a feature of their program.
In addition, they offer a musical section, an interactive corner for children, a local heroes display, a bush tucker walk, a movie-viewing area and an archaeological section.
Traditional Aboriginal paintings are for sale all year round and the well-stocked gift shop offers Aboriginal artefacts and gifts.
The centre also offers cultural tours, and run a wide range of Aboriginal cultural activities in their workshops. While entry to the centre is free, cultural tours and Aboriginal cultural activities do attract a cost. Bookings are essential and minimum numbers apply for these activities.
For more information please contact the Centre.
9am to 4pm Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm Saturday and Sunday Public Holidays: Closed
- 10th Armidale International Film Festival
- Five New Exhibitions at NERAM
- New England Antique Machinery and Heavy Horse Field Days
- 12th/16th Hunter River Lancers History Room
- Armidale Heritage Tours
- Armidale and Region Aboriginal Cultural Centre and Keeping Place
- Alluna Motel
- Armidale Boutique Accommodation - The Elms
- Armidale Boutique Accommodation-Camellia Court