Nature in Armidale
The area around Armidale has some of Country NSW's most spectacular mountain scenery, including national parks, subtropical rainforest, gorges and dramatic waterfalls. It's an adventurer's dream destination, perfect for bushwalking, fishing, camping and whitewater rafting.
- Until Sunday 2 February 2014 Gala Exhibition Openings at NERAM
The New England Regional Artggg
About Armidale Area
Armidale is in Country NSW, set among rolling hills on the high tablelands of the Great Dividing Range, north of Sydney. The town is the halfway point between Sydney and Brisbane. It's a city of culture and learning, with a wonderful heritage precinct, numerous churches and cathedrals, and great shopping.
Explore New England National Park, a World Heritage-listed natural wonder. Guyra, the highest town in the New England Tablelands, has a freshwater wetland inside a volcanic crater, a breeding ground for waterbirds. At Uralla, you can visit the grave of bushranger Frederick Ward, also known as Captain Thunderbolt. Discover the wild beauty of Oxley Wild Rivers, Cathedral Rock and Werrikimbe national parks, a short drive from Walcha.
Food and wine feature prominently in the Armidale area, as do adventure activities and natural attractions. Helicopter tours are a popular way to see the area’s natural beauty, or explore the town on a more local level with a free guided tour. Keep an eye open for Armidale’s annual International Film Festival in August.
- Armidale During autumn the parks and gardens around Armidale show their beautiful colours....
- Guyra From Guyra, you’re within easy reach of Cathedral Rock, New England and Oxley Wild Rivers national parks....
- Uralla At Uralla, revisit the gold rush days of the 1850s and stop by Thunderbolt’s Grave....
- Walcha Walcha in Country NSW is the gateway to some of the best adventure experiences in Australia....