Norah Head Lighthouse was built from 1901 to 1903. Perched on a headland, the lighthouse takes in magnificent ocean vistas and is the Central Coast's most spectacular icon. A walking track skirts around the side of the lighthouse and leads to stairs which climb down to the rock platform below and to Lighthouse Beach. Norah Head Lighthouse celebrated its Centenary on 15 November 2003. Apart from the electrification of the light, few changes have been made to the lighthouse since it was established. Buildings on the headland comprise the Lighthouse, Flag Locker, Head Keepers Quarters and the first and second assistant lightkeeper's quarters as well as stables. Two of the cottages are available to rent for tourist accommodation. Tours of the lighthouse are available from 10am to 1pm seven days per week. There is a fee for the tours. The views from the top of the lighthouse are magnificent.