Experience nature in Kempsey
Situated on the Macleay River Kempsey is a great place to experience nature, with many scenic drives and bushwalks in the area to enjoy as well as a scenic coastline to explore.
- Monday 13 May to Friday 31 May Biggest Beach Bitou Bash
Join the Biggest Beach Bitou
- Until Monday 3 June Kinchela Boys Exhibition
- Saturday 1 June to Sunday 16 June Stuarts Point Players: "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!"
"Aussie Aussie Aussie" incorporates three
- Sunday 9 June 32nd Macleay River Marathon
- Thursday 27 June to Sunday 14 July Kempsey Shire Art Prize
Kempsey is a convenient place for an overnight stop for anyone driving between Sydney and the North Coast. The town has a number of historic buildings, and the detour from Kempsey to Trial Bay Gaol at South West Rocks is particularly recommended, as is a visit to Crescent Head.
The village of Gladstone, 15 km north-east of Kempsey, is a historic precinct with great character. Among its notable buildings is the Gladstone Hotel, which claims to have the best beer on the Macleay River. The Gladstone Court House and Police Station have a heritage listing.