Scotts Head Beach - Nambucca Heads
At the southern end of Nambucca Shire, Scotts Head is an idyllic place for families to visit. The sands of Main Beach stretch for miles to the north making it the perfect place to enjoy a solitary walk, build a sandcastle, paddle in clear water or run across sand so clean it squeaks beneath your feet. While the gentle waves are perfect for young children, a variety of surf breaks make it a popular spot for all surfers. This beach is patrolled daily during summer holidays and at weekends from October to Easter.
A very well equipped Recreation & Camping Reserve adjoins this beach - facilities are top quality. Free gas BBQ's, modern amenities blocks, plenty of fresh water and picnic tables - some of these are undercover so that you can picnic even on rainy days. An excellent children's playground is situated close to the main picnic/BBQ area. Parking is available either in the shade of the trees in the reserve or at the point overlooking the ocean.
Fishing spots include:
• Warrell Creek - launch a boat or fish from Warrell Weir Reserve
• Bruce’s Hill Rock the most northerly point of the main headland.
• Flat Rock and Shag Rock on the Little Beach side of the main headland.
• Snapper Rock off Hansen’s Headland (2nd headland as you enter Scotts Head)
• Picnic Rock or the Blow Hole off Wakikaki Beach for Jew Fish