Welcome to the Hunter Valley!
Just two hours north of Sydney, the Hunter Valley is the perfect destination for a lazy holiday, a long weekend, or even a quick day trip.
While the area is certainly famous for its wineries and wine tours, the Hunter Valley also offers a myriad of experiences and activities. Visitors can expand their skills in cooking and wine classes, relax with a round of golf or pamper yourself for the day at one of the spas located in the region. There is plenty for the kids to enjoy too, with horse riding, cycling, or a trip to the Hunter Valley Zoo.
Explore Hunter Valley in 360°Want to see more aerial views of Sydney? Visit Sydney 360 to explore Sydney like you have never seen it before.
With more than 150 wineries, the Hunter Valley produces some terrific wines, loved at home and abroad. A Hunter Valley getaway offers a true taste of the good life where you'll enjoy stylish boutique accommodation, plush hotels, welcoming guesthouses, B&Bs and spa retreats. Fine restaurants can be found in many local areas such as Pokolbin, Wollombi, Broke, Lovedale and Maitland.
Wine and food buffs can join a winery tour, strock up on local olive oil, cheese, coffee and smokehouse products. If you'd like to enjoy the great outdoors with a game of golf, hot-air balloon ride or shopping for antiques and local artworks, you'll find plenty of options in the Hunter Valley.
- Sunday 1 December to Tuesday 31 December Christmas menu at Esca Bimbadgen
This Christmas menu is runningggg
- Sunday 15 December Paterson Rotary Christmas Carols
- Sunday 15 December Sacred Tree Markets
Hunter Valley Events in Spring
There's an exciting line up of events in The Hunter Valley throughout Spring!
Back again, for the final time in 2012, is the Wollombi Markets on Monday 1st October. Enjoy holiday Monday this spring in the beautiful surrounds of Wollombi, just over an hour from the outskirts of Sydney.
Into November and wine takes a back seat to a range of boutique beers during the Bitter and Twisted International Boutique Beer Festival on the first weekend of the month. The festival, held at Maitland Gaol, features over 50 boutique beers, live entertainment, master classes and more over 2 days.
If you have a passion for wine, then a visit to the Hunter Valley is a must. Home to some of the oldest wine families in Australia, the Hunter Valley produces a range of tempting wines that utilise traditional methods and techniques. There is plenty for the more modern palate as well, with an abundance of young innovative growers offering up fresh new tastes.
There are a range of wine tours available around the region to help you take in all the delights of the Hunter Valley. Tours can be arranged from Newcastle and Sydney and you can also arrange to be picked up from local accommodation if you decide to stay for a few days.
Food & Restaurants in Hunter Valley
Hunter Valley also has a wide range of sumptuous locally grown and produced delicacies that would satisfy almost any appetite.
Many Hunter Valley wineries sell local produce, allowing visitors to sample and take home cheeses, chocolate, dairy and deli items, oils, olives, honey and much more.
The Hunter Valley is an excellent destination for any foodie. Choose from any of the beautiful restaurants in the area, from winery restaurants to cafes, all serving local produce, expertly prepared.
Things to do in the Hunter Valley
Enjoying the outdoors has never been easier, or more pleasurable, than in the Hunter Valley. There are many excellent walks to be enjoyed. Why not take a stroll through the Hunter Valley Gardens, which boasts more than 25 hectares of international display gardens.
Golf lovers can enjoy a round of golf in one of the many courses dotted around, or even take a trip to Hunter Valley Aqua Golf and Putt Putt. Kids can also try their hand at horse riding, or get up close and feed the animals at Hunter Valley Zoo.
Alfresco Dining in the Hunter Valley
Balloons at Dawn Over the Hunter Valley Vineyards
Cycling in the Hunter Valley
Exploring the Wineries of the Hunter Valley
Hunter Valley Vineyard
Wine Tasting in the Hunter Valley
A Hunter Valley Tasting Plate
Relaxing in Mount View, Hunter Valley
- Broke The Hunter Valley’s Broke provides a relaxed vineyard and dining experience in a beautiful country settin...
- Cessnock Some of the finest wines in the world are created in the...
- Lovedale Lovedale is home to boutique wineries, charming guesthouses, B&Bs, good restaurants and the Lovedale Long...
- Maitland Set on the Hunter River, Maitland is home to Maitland Gaol, the Hunter Valley Steamfest, good food and gr...
- Morpeth Morpeth on the Hunter River features colonial buildings that now house modern cafes, restaurants and bout...
- Paterson Historic Paterson offers a relaxing break, with cosy accommodation, old country pubs and perfect picnic s...
- Pokolbin Pokolbin produces some of the finest wines in the world. Visit its cellar doors and acclaimed restaurants...
- Singleton Head to Singleton for its local wineries and events as well as its nearby national parks and Lake St Clai...
- Wollombi Nature abounds in and around Wollombi. Nearby are national parks with great...