Touring Barrington Tops National Park
Just three hours north of Sydney, you’ll find World Heritage-listed Barrington Tops National Park. Tailor a self-guided walking tour to your desires and fitness level – walks range from short and easy jaunts to steep overnight treks. Or book with a tour operator, whose offerings vary from full-day guided walking tours to adventures involving kayaks, canoes or mountain bikes. Whichever mode you choose, you’re sure to see stunning rock formations, lookouts, waterfalls, and unique flora and fauna.
- Saturday 11 January 2014 Vince Melouney Charity Concert
Spend an evening with Aussieggg
- Monday 27 January 2014 Australia Day at Dungog
- Tuesday 10 December Dungog Community Carols
Hosted by Combined Churches Association.ggg
- Saturday 14 December Gloucester Farmers Market
- Saturday 14 December Gresford Community Christmas Carols
About Barrington Tops
Barrington Tops National Park is an unspoilt wilderness covering more than 83,000 hectares. Bushwalking trails in this wonderful natural expanse take you from subtropical rainforest to ancient beech forests and subalpine woodlands. If you're lucky, you might spot a lyrebird or a satin bowerbird. There are plenty of other things to see and do in this area of the Hunter, including whitewater rafting, horseriding and mountain biking.
In the midst of the wilderness, you'll be lucky enough to find comfortable accommodation options, including camping sites in spectacular locations, rustic cottages, B&Bs and mountain retreats. When hunger strikes, the area also offers good restaurants and cafes.
Many of the towns in the area, including Dungog and Gloucester, were settled in the early 19th century. Today, they still evoke the colourful history of the region, which included a vigorous timber industry, gold prospecting and shipbuilding. Follow a farm-gate trail for local produce that includes cheese and wine, or stop at a country cafe in Barrington Tops, Stroud or Gloucester.
- Barrington Tops Barrington Tops is the ultimate retreat for nature lovers....
- Dungog Close to national parks and state forests, Dungog is a Hunter Valley country town backed by magnificent r...
- Gloucester Gloucester, in the north Hunter region, is surrounded by stunning national parks and lovely wineries....