Paterson Court House Museum
Paterson Courthouse Museum is open on Sundays (except in late December and early January, see website for details).
The Museum is located in the former Courthouse in the town of Paterson. The Courthouse, opened in 1858, was the centre of justice in the district until it ceased operation in 1967.
Paterson Historical Society aims to promote and preserve the history and heritage of the Paterson district and help people find information about their forebears from the district.
Paterson Courthouse Museum opened in 1974, operated by the Paterson Historical Society. It holds extensive collections including special displays on Dorothy MacKellar, Rev Rupp (orchids), the Tocal murder of 1874 and the only surviving double-sided Manchester Unity Independent Order of Odd Fellows banner. There are also many publications for sale on the history of the Paterson valley which can be viewed on our website.
Groups are welcome to visit the Museum outside normal opening times by prior arrangement. The Museum can also open outside normal times for individuals or couples by prior arrangement, subject to availability of volunteer staff (special-opening fees apply, contact the Society by email to arrange).
Does not cater for people with access needs.