Surrounding country towns, such as Nundle and Kootingal, are charming and Lake Keepit, not too far away, is great for camping and fishing for golden perch.
- Saturday 15 February 2014 Newcastle Permanent's Cinema Under the Stars
Newcastle Permanent's Cinema Under theggg
- Sunday 15 December Play Along with Sam this Christmas
A true star of children'sggg
- Until Sunday 15 December Tamworth Peel Street Markets
About Tamworth Area
Australia's country music capital, Tamworth is best known for its annual country music festival in January. The town is also home to several good museums and galleries as well as many buildings dating back to the 1860s and '70s.
Around Tamworth are several quaint country towns well worth a visit. To the north, in the heart of the Nandewar Ranges on Fossickers Way, Barraba is popular with birdwatchers. The small town of Nundle has evolved from its gold-mining town heritage into a destination offering smart accommodation and dining.
The area has a wide variety of accommodation, hotels, restaurants and cafes to cater to anyone's needs.
- Barraba Barraba is a birdwatcher’s paradise – spot the endangered Regent Honeyeater on one of the area's 14 bird ...
- Gunnedah Welcome to koala country! This bustling historic town is the self-proclaimed koala capital of the world....
- Nundle The historic village of Nundle lies 60 km south-east of Tamworth....
- Quirindi Quirindi is famous for its vast fields of sunflowers that erupt in a blaze of colour from December to Mar...
- Tamworth Discover country music, year-round entertainment, glorious countryside, and sublime food and wine in Tamw...