Nature around Queanbeyan
Explore the national parks and nature reserves around Queanbeyan to enjoy bushwalks and see native animals in the wild. At the Googong Foreshores, you can enjoy a walk and a picnic, or try your hand at one of the various water sports on offer.
- Saturday 25 January 2014 Canberra Hot Rod Association - Australia Day Show n' Shine
The Canberra Hot Rod Associationggg
- Saturday 1 February to Sunday 2 February 2014 Four Wheel Drive Spectacular
The Four Wheel Drive Spectacularggg
- Monday 24 February 2014 Queanbeyan Multicultural Festival 'Carnivale'
About Queanbeyan Area
This area offers some of the best experiences of country Australia – the historic villages of Braidwood and Bungendore, colonial architecture and great food and wine. Braidwood, which presents a superb example of a 19th-century streetscape, was the first town in NSW to be heritage-listed. You'll enjoy exploring Bungendore's historic inn and art galleries.
Just 10 minutes' drive from Canberra, the lively city of Queanbeyan revels in its sporting, cultural and artistic communities.
The region has a range of stunning natural attractions such as Deua National Park, one of the state's largest natural forests, and Monga National Park. At Googong Dam, 10 km south of Queanbeyan, you can fish, canoe or sail.
- Braidwood Historic Braidwood was the first town to be listed on the NSW State Heritage register....
- Bungendore Historic Bungendore is an important link between Goulburn, Braidwood, Queanbeyan, Canberra and Cooma....
- Queanbeyan This relaxed city is a gateway to Canberra, the NSW snowfields and the pretty towns of the Southern Table...