- Friday 21 February 2014 Flix in the Stix Dubbo
Flix in the Stix isggg
- Saturday 14 December Play Along with Sam this Christmas
A true star of children'sggg
- Saturday 14 December Xmas Jazz on the Green
- Sunday 15 December Carols by Candlelight Dubbo
About Dubbo Area
The Dubbo area is the perfect spot in Country NSW for a family holiday. Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo is a major attraction for visitors to the area. This 300-hectare open-range sanctuary houses more than 700 animals, including many rare and endangered species. It’s the only place in Australia where you can see African elephants. It's also one of the few zoos that you can explore on foot or by bike, cart or car. Start at the free Savannah Visitor Plaza, where you can plan your zoo excursion, stop at the cafe and let the kids have fun in the playground.
There are plenty of things to see and do in the Dubbo area. Take a heritage walk to admire Dubbo's historic buildings or visit the Western Plains Cultural Centre. Check out Old Dubbo Gaol, which re-creates 19th-century prison life. Enjoy lunch at tranquil Shoyoen Sister City Garden or a relaxing horse-riding lesson at the Western Plains Riding Centre.
At Narromine, learn about gliding and Australian aviation at the Narromine Aviation Museum or visit the spectacular Wellington Caves in Wellington. Historic Gilgandra has much to teach about pioneering and Aboriginal history. From there, it’s easy to get to Warrumbungle National Park.
- Dubbo Dubbo combines a rich pastoral history with great food and wine, parklands, museums and Taronga Western P...
- Gilgandra North of Gilgandra, the majestic Warrumbungles boast forested ridges, barren spires, deep gorges and walk...
- Narromine As well as delicious produce and beautiful flower farms, Narromine is rich in aviation history....
- Wellington At Wellington Caves, see Cathedral Cave's huge stalagmite and Gaden Cave’s unusual and beautiful cave cor...