Family holidays around Dubbo
A range of accommodation and kid-friendly attractions make Dubbo a great family holiday destination and an excellent base for exploring the Central West region of NSW. A highlight for kids and adults is the open-range Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
- Sunday 26 May to Monday 27 May NSW Country Touch Championships
*** Latest event details are
- Sunday 7 July Dubbo Bridal and Event Expo
The Dubbo Bridal and Event
- Tuesday 30 July City of Dubbo Turf Club - Silver Goblet
About Dubbo Area
Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo is a major attraction for visitors to the area. This 300-hectare open range sanctuary houses over 700 animals, including many rare and endangered species. It’s the only place in Australia where you can see African elephants. It's also one of the few zoos that you can explore on foot, by bike, cart or car. Start with a visit to the free Savannah Visitor Plaza where you can plan your zoo excursion, stop at the café and let the kids have fun in the playground.
There are many other things to do in the Dubbo area. Take a heritage walk to admire Dubbo's historic buildings or visit the Western Plains Cultural Centre. Don't miss a visit to Old Dubbo Gaol which re-creates 19th century prison life. Enjoy lunch at tranquil Shoyoen Sister City Garden or a relaxing riding lesson at the Western Plains Riding Centre.
- Dubbo A range of accommodation and kid-friendly attractions make Dubbo a great family holiday destination and a...
- Gilgandra 50 minutes north of Gilgandra the majestic Warrumbungles boast forested ridges, barren spires, deep gorge...
- Narromine As well as delicious produce and beautiful flower farms, Narromine is rich...
- Wellington At Wellington Caves, Cathedral Cave's huge stalagmite is one of the largest in the world. See unusual and...