Glebe Cemetery

Overview

Glebe Cemetery is Maitland’s oldest burial ground with the earliest recorded burial in 1830, although earlier unmarked graves are likely. Its monuments form a record of the early families of the district.

The adjacent quarry, established by 1835, provided stone for the first St Peter's Church, the Catholic Chapel, private dwellings and headstones for the cemetery.

The cemetery is listed on the NSW State Heritage Registe and conservation works are being undertaken to preserve the cemetery.

Nearby Events