River Captains Cottage

Overview

Learn about about the families who gave it life and hear their stories.

Come and visit a rare survivor: The Captain's Cottage (circa 1870) has been home to many families, all working in connection with the hustle and bustle of the river trade near Maiden's Stock Crossing. It was most likely the residence of the river boat captains during the later part of the nineteenth century.

In 1983 the cottage was even used in the filming of the telemovie All the Rivers Run.

Nearby Events