The Proprietor shop is one of the oldest buildings of Albury, with its original foundations being laid pre 1890. It started its life as a saddler and was later converted to a butchers shop. It has a large cellar underneath that was used to store meat before the days of refrigeration.
It has undergone many facelifts during its life but the renovations they have completed mark one of the biggest changes it has seen. They have endeavoured to fit out the shop using as many recycled materials and equipment as possible while not forgetting function, style and ambience. They have also made most of the furniture and fittings by hand. They focus on the really important details that make eating out a pleasure!