Armidale Railway Museum
The Bi-Centennial Railway Museum was opened in 1988 to commemorate the men who built the Great Northern Railway. The Armidale Railway Station was built by Edmond Lonsdale in 1882, and welcomed its first train on 1st February 1883. The fine cast iron work was completed at New England Foundry in Uralla by Henry Sheldon Goddard. The ornamental chimneys and mouldings are typical of buildings of this period. Nearby is a two-storey stationmaster's residence similar to the one at Uralla.
Admission is free. Donations welcome.