Oberon and District Museum
The Oberon and District Museum was established in 1989. It holds an interesting and varied collection of artifacts and memorabilia, including a 3D model of the township as it was in the 1930s. It has a functioning blacksmith’s shop, an array of old farming equipment and a very old, Oberon weatherboard cottage (circa 1887) with furniture filled rooms depicting how life was lived in those early years. There is also a huge array of photos, as well as an extensive collection of local family history.
It is open on the first Saturday of each month and every Sunday. Other times by appointment.
Address: Corner of Lowes Mount Road and Scotia Avenue: entry via Scotia Avenue.