About Sydney West
Travel to Parramatta from Circular Quay by Rivercat, following Sydney Harbour as it heads west to become the Parramatta River. You can also reach Sydney Olympic Park by the Rivercat as well as train; spend a day touring the famous site of the Sydney 2000 Olympics, with its outstanding stadiums, sports facilities and parklands via cycling and walking trails. Parramatta is also home to a UNESCO site, Old Government House and Domain, part of the group that makes up the World Heritage Australian Convict Sites. Nearby, walk or cycle along Governor Macquarie’s original carriageway in pretty Parramatta Park and visit Experiment Farm Cottage, a former colonial residence and working farm.
In Penrith, enjoy riding the rapids at Penrith Whitewater Stadium. Kids of all ages will love the historic fire engines on show at the Museum of Fire, while art lovers will enjoy Penrith Regional Gallery on the banks of the Nepean River and vibrant multi-space attraction, Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre. At Muru Mittigar Aboriginal Cultural & Education Centre, visitors learn about the art and culture of the local Darug people.
- There are no events listed
- Appin This historic town dates back to 1811 and was the fifth village in the colony of Sydney.
- Blacktown Blacktown is a vibrant multicultural city with beautiful nature reserves and parks and cycling pathways within an hour's drive from the Sydney city centre.
- Cabramatta Cabramatta delivers an authentic slice of South East Asian sights, shops and tastes.
- Camden Camden has a unique blend of country and urban lifestyles, less than one hour's drive from the centre of Sydney.
- Campbelltown Campbelltown is part of a vibrant region rich in history, scenic bushland and outdoor adventure.
- Parramatta Parramatta is a city of elegant parks and important historic sites with a vibrant multicultural population.
- Penrith One of Sydney's best aquatic playgrounds with beautiful lakes and rivers as well as the Penrith Whitewater Stadium and Sydney International Regatta Centre.
- Picton Picton is rich in colonial and late-Victorian architecture and retains the tranquillity of a small country town.
- Sydney Olympic Park Sydney Olympic Park is a major sporting and entertainment venue set in extensive parklands that form one of Sydney's most popular recreational areas.
- Sydney West surrounding suburbs Picton, things to do in Picton, how to get to Picton, Thirlmere Lakes National Park, day trips from Sydney, Wollondilly
- Thirlmere Explore Thirlmere Lakes National Park, part of the Great Blue Mountains Heritage Area.