Junee Heritage Tours
Pastoralists first took up holdings around the Junee area in 1845, but it was not until the railway arrived later in the century that the town developed. The original village, Jewnee gazetted in 1863, was on the site of a stock run. In 1878 the southern railway was extended to a centre about four miles east of Jewnee and so Junee begins. In 1883 the settlement was proclaimed as the village of Loftus, though two years later this name was changed to Junee. By 1886 Junee boasted six hotels and twelve stores among its assortment of buildings, a reflection of the town's rapid development.
Junee Heritage Tours are self guided tours for visitors to complete at their leisure.
The Westside walk is a tale of two very different men and two fortunes.
The East Side Walk encapsulates Junee as a town created by the railway, but divided by the rails.