Tiger Moth Memorial
The Tiger Moth Memorial is of the No. 8 Elementary Flying School.
In August 1940, an air school was established at Narrandera on the site of the present airport by the Royal Australian Air Force. The school was the No. 8 Elementary Flying Training School, where over the next five years during World War II, 3,818 student pilots commenced their elementary flying training on DH82 Tiger Moth Aircraft.
The memorial features a DH82 Tiger Moth Aircraft as used at the training school, a comprehensive collection of model aeroplanes, and a range of photographic and other memorabilia.
Tiger Moth Wings are available for purchase at the Narrandera Visitor Information Centre.