Travel Stories Writing Workshop
Sunday 08 August 2021 to Sunday 25 December 2022
Want to write travel stories for fun, put them on your blog or see them in print? Sip wine, chai or herbal tea and sit in cosy comfort by a romantic open fire and learn about the art and craft of travel writing from your host and resident Blue Mountains writer, Linda deWilde-Moon.
This class is suitable for those with basic story writing skills or an interest in learning more about the wonderful world of writing.
The workshop provides an introduction to travel writing and will cover an overview of the following topics:
- The structure and form of a travel article.
- Other key elements of a travel story.
- Types of travel articles including listicles, blogs, first-person stories.
- Understanding how to work with the media and editors.
- Where to showcase or sell and publish your tales.
- Using and submitting your own photographs.
You will also get a chance to chat about a story idea of your own and complete a small writing exercise for feedback.