10 things to do in the Southern Highlands
1. Feed the sheep at Tractorless Vineyard. This sustainable boutique winery uses black faced Hampshire down sheep to control the weeds and fertilise the vines.
2. Go on a Wild Food adventure. Discover the beautiful waterways of the Kangaroo Valley in style on a signature Canoes, Champagne and Canapes experience.
3. Tour and tasting at PepperGreen Estate. Sample award-winning pinot gris, pinot noir and shiraz at this cool climate winery in Berrima.
4. Marvel at the spectacular Fitzroy Falls. Follow the boardwalk to see this 80m waterfall plunge over the escarpment and into the lush valley below.
5. Browse for antiques at Dirty Janes. From vintage clothing to quirky homewares, furniture and art, you’ll find something you love at this sprawling indoor market.
6. Enjoy dinner at Eschalot. Settle in for the Eschalot Experience, an indulgent eight-course meal with matching wines from the Southern Highlands.
7. Cycle through the vines at Centennial. Meet your guide at the cellar door for a gentle ride through the vineyard and up to a lookout point, then finish off with a tasting.
8. Meet the makers at Mauger’s. The Paddock to Plate is an education in the meat you eat and the importance of paddock to plate farming.
9. Pick out a book at Bendooley Estate. This historic winery is also home to the Berkelouw Book Barn, one of Australia’s most charming bookstores.
10. Spend the night at The Old Bank. An historic bank building from the 1880s in Mittagong has been transformed into a luxurious boutique hotel.