The Homestead Pambula
The Historic Oaklands Homestead is available for accommodation with three queen-sized bedrooms.
Oaklands was the original site for the township of Pambula. The three Imlay brothers established "Pamboola Station" in 1833, before members of the Walker Family bought and set up their local holding firm, William Walker & Co. The Walker family built the historic homestead "Oaklands" in 1842 and described it as ".....a very pretty cottage..."
In 1908 "the thirty feet high grand oak trees ... provided more than fifty bushels of acorns a season and were declared two of the largest English Oaks in the state". These still stand today, creating a perfect, leafy country setting. The olive trees and oak trees, after which the house was named, were planted in the 1860s.