Miss Traill’s House and Garden
A delightful heritage house museum. This Victorian era bungalow was left to the National Trust in 1976 and the collection it holds features pieces that once belonged to some of the original settlers of the district.
Built in 1845 by Reverend Thomas Sharpe, the house and its contents were left to the National Trust by the last resident, Miss Ida Traill in 1976. The house museum contains a wide and varied collection of furniture, ceramics, horse racing memorabilia and art, much of it bequeathed to Miss Traill by her antecedents, some of whom were the original settlers of the Bathurst district. Take a delightful stroll through the heritage garden and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. The garden also makes an ideal venue for weddings, luncheons and other functions.