Saturday 15 June 2019
In 1855 William Buss became the new owner of The King’s Arms, the historic roadside Inn now known as the Woodford Academy. Buss was a colourful character who profited greatly from the crowds of hopeful gold rush prospectors making their way along the Great Western Road to Bathurst. The inn, ably managed by Buss, his wife Bridget and their four daughters was popularly known as Buss’s Inn.
In 2019 the ‘Katoomba Brewing Company’ has partnered with the Woodford Academy to brew a ‘Golden Ale’ in honour of William Buss. Coffee, tea, cake and light lunches will be available from the Academy café.
Time: 10am - 4pm. Tickets include Museum entry, exhibition, talk and guided museum tour.