Phone: (02) 4283 6429
Bulli Black Diamond Heritage Centre - Bulli
Bulli Black Diamond Heritage Centre is located at the Bulli Railway Station. The museum's focus is the preservation of the 1887 Bulli Railway buildings. On display is the South Bulli Number Two steam locomotive imported in 1888 and used until the early 1960's.
The centre has a collection of maps and objects relating to local mining life and the Bulli Mine which once operated on the escarpment. The Bulli Mine was the first source of coal, colloquially known as black diamond.
The Blinkco Room shows the social history of the area. School children enjoy seeing the difference in life in the 1930's to their life now.
Heritage photos of Bulli, Woonona, Austinmer, Coledale, Stanwell Park , Bulli Railway Station, Nurse Taylor's Maternity Hospital, Housing and The Denmark Hotel are available.
1pm - 4pm first, second and third Sunday each month, or by appointment.