Crookhaven Heads Lighthouse - Crookhaven Heads
The original Crookhaven Heads Lighthouse was constructed of timber in 1882 and located as part of the Shoalhaven Signal Station on the beach 200 metres to the west of the current lighthouse. The new brick lighthouse to the south of the mouth of the Shoalhaven River was commissioned in 1904 and the old wooden lighthouse was immediately demolished.
Aside from the Keepers Cottages at South Solitary Island, this is probably the most endangered lighthouse in New South Wales and should be of great concern to lighthouse enthusiasts and the community at large.
The lighthouse is located on the south side of the entrance to the Shoalhaven River just east of Nowra.
Open all year round