- Saturday 22 June Vegas Night - Wentworth District Racing Club Inc
Come along to the Wentworth
- Saturday 13 July to Sunday 14 July Wentworth Junction Rally
The Wentworth Junction Rally is
- Thursday 18 July to Sunday 21 July Mildura Writers Festival
Situated at the confluence of Australia’s two greatest rivers, the Darling and the Murray, the town of Wentworth is a good launching pad for fun on the water. Luxury houseboats, paddle-steamers and canoes are popular options, or you can watch the action from a riverside restaurant or winery.
Food and wine are big drawcards in the region, and there are several award-winning venues where you can sample the local produce.
Significant Aboriginal heritage sites are among the most spectacular in the country. The dazzling red dunes of Perry Sandhills date back to the Ice Age and have revealed animal bones from ancient times.
Further inland, the remains of Mungo Woman and Mungo Man were discovered in Mungo National Park. Mungo’s lunar landscape and Walls of China hills are arguably the most striking natural formations in NSW.
- Dareton Dareton things to do, accommodation, what's on, visitor information centre, weather in...
- Mildura Mildura things to do, accommodation, what's on, visitor information centre, weather in Mildura, map, Stef...
- Pooncarie Pooncarie things to do, accommodation, what's on, visitor information centre, weather in...
- Wentworth At the Darling-Murray confluence, significant site for fossilised megafauna in Mungo National...