Terms and Conditions
“$1 MILLION WORTH OF ACCOMMODATION DISCOUNTS TO BE WON” (PROMOTION)
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. The following are ineligible: (i) employees of the Promoter, the Westfield Group, or any of the tenants or retailers in the participating Westfield Shopping Centres or any of the Promoter’s agencies that are associated with the Promotion; (ii) the spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of an excluded employee; and (iii) any person who the Promoter has previously notified is not eligible to enter the Promoter’s promotions.
4. The Promotion will be conducted at selected Westfield Shopping Centres as set out in Annexure A (Participating Centres). Participating Retailers means any retailer at a Participating Centre.
5. To be eligible to participate in this Promotion and win a prize, individuals must complete the following steps between 9:00am AEST on 16/07/2012 and 11:59pm AEST on 12/08/2012 or before all prizes are distributed, whichever occurs first:
a) spend $30 (including GST) or more at any Participating Retailer within a Participating Centre in New South Wales (Qualifying Spend). For clarity, the Qualifying Spend can be made by multiple purchases at multiple Participating Retailers provided that all Participating Retailers are located in the same Westfield Centre; and
b) present their original qualifying purchase receipt(s) for their Qualifying Spend to a staff member at a Participating Retailer, a Destination NSW promotional member or a staff member at the concierge desk at a Participating Centre to receive a scratch card with a unique code featured under the scratch panel on the card. Individuals must scratch the panel on card to reveal a unique code. Individuals will be eligible to receive a scratch card for each Qualifying Spend at Participating Retailers in a Participating Centre during the promotional period. Destination NSW promotional staff will be roaming around Participating Centres between Thursday and Saturday for the first two weeks during the promotional period.
The following receipts are not valid receipts for the purpose of the Promotion: (a) ATM or EFTPOS receipts; (b) credit card or bank statements; and (c) receipts that the Promoter has reasonably determined to have been tampered with or have been obtained fraudulently or are a reprint of the original receipts. The same purchase receipt can only be used once in the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to stamp and/or photocopy each purchase receipt submitted in the Promotion before returning them.
6. To enter, individuals must then visit www.visitnsw.com, follow the prompts to the “Our Time” promotion entry page, input the requested details including their unique code found on their scratch card, nominate the Participating Retailer that they received their promotional scratch card from (if they received their promotional scratch card from a Participating Retailer) and submit the fully completed entry form by 11.59pm AEST on 12/08/2012. Each entrant will be notified instantly online whether or not they are an instant winner.
If they are an instant winner, the entrant will also receive an email (to the email address provided at the time of entry) confirming that they are an instant prize winner and containing their instant win prize of a uniquely coded $200 discount accommodation voucher.
7. All individuals who complete the steps in clause 6 above (instant prize winners and non winners) will receive an automatic entry into the major prize draw.
8. All valid entries received from non-winners will automatically be placed in the unclaimed draw for any unclaimed instant prizes and all valid entries received (including any instant prize winners but excluding major prize winners) will be included in the unclaimed prize draw for any unclaimed major prizes.
9. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Spend during the promotional period; (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; (c) only one scratch card per entry is permitted; (d) the same unique code cannot be used more than once; and (e) unrecognised codes will be deemed invalid.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
12. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) (and not copied receipts) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries, forfeiture of any right to a prize and cancellation of any discount accommodation vouchers issued at any time. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the Participating Retailer(s) where the Qualifying Spend was made and that the Qualifying Spend was made during the promotional period but prior to entry.
13. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
14. Promotion commences at 9:00am AEST 16/07/2012 and closes at 11.59pm on 12/08/2012 or once all prizes are distributed, whichever occurs first. Final entries close at 11.59pm AEST on 12/08/2012. The major prize draw will be conducted on 16/08/2012 at 2pm at Level 1, 28 Richards Avenue, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW, 2010.
15. Instant winners will be notified immediately online via the winning notification message appearing on screen and with a winners’ confirmation email. Major prize draw winners will be notified via email and their name will be published on www.visitnsw.com on 23/08/2012.
16. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The first three (3) valid entries drawn in the major prize draw will each win a $1,000 accommodation voucher redeemable at any regional NSW accommodation venue listed on the www.visitnsw.com website (Participating Accommodation Venue), subject to availability. To redeem a $1,000 accommodation voucher, major prize winners will be required to visit www.visitnsw.com and select a Participating Accommodation Venue. A representative from the Promoter will then contact each major prize winner to make booking arrangements (i.e. number of nights at a particular Participating Accommodation Venue). Bookings are subject to availability. A booking will then be made by the Promoter on behalf of each of the major prize winners using the $1,000 accommodation voucher. In the event that the value of the Participating Accommodation Venue booking selected by a major prize winner is less than $1,000, any remaining balance on the voucher will be forfeited by the winner and will not be redeemable for cash or other bookings. Bookings using the $1,000 accommodation vouchers must be made by 30/09/2012 and the accommodation must be taken and concluded by 30/11/2012. In the event that the value of the Participating Accommodation Venue booking selected by a major prize winner is more than $1,000, the remaining balance is payable by the major prize winner. Method of payment will be discussed between a representative of the Promoter and the major prize winner.
18. Instant win prizes: 5,000 x $200 discount accommodation vouchers to any Participating Accommodation Venue, subject to availability.
To redeem a $200 discount accommodation voucher, instant winners will be required to: (a) visit www.visitnsw.com and select a Participating Accommodation Venue (subject to availability) that they would like to redeem their instant prize of a $200 discount accommodation voucher at; (b) proceed to make a booking with the relevant Participating Accommodation Venue by selecting the number of nights they wish to book accommodation for (with a minimum price of the accommodation selected being at least $400, inclusive of GST); (c) follow the prompts to provide all of the requested personal details; (d) provide the unique code featured on their $200 discount accommodation voucher so that the discount can be applied to the total balance due for the accommodation selected; (e) follow the prompts to pay the remaining balance payable for their chosen accommodation (via a payment method accepted on the website); and (f) submit the completed booking.
Bookings using the $200 discount accommodation vouchers must be made by 30/09/2012 and the accommodation must be taken and concluded by 30/11/2012.
The $200 discount accommodation vouchers can only be redeemed on bookings of at least $400 (inclusive of GST) at the Participating Accommodation Venue selected by the winner at the time of booking. The balance due in excess of the value of the $200 discount accommodation voucher must be paid for by the winner via an alternative method specified by the Promoter at the time of booking.
19. In the event that a Participating Accommodation Venue cancels a booking, the winner will receive their voucher back in full to use for a different booking and the remaining money paid by the winner for the booking will be returned to the winner.
20. There is a strict limit of one (1) voucher per booking (i.e. individuals can only use one (1) voucher for a single booking with a participating Participating Accommodation Venue). All bookings are subject to each Participating Accommodation Venue’s terms and conditions and booking availability. Exclusion periods may apply for each venue and will depend on the venue chosen. A full list of Participating Accommodation Venues, price lists and each Participating Accommodation Venue’s terms and conditions are available at www.visitnsw.com.
21. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming any voucher are not included, i.e. such as but not limited to taxes, transport, mini bar, laundry, etc. Any unused balance of any voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the vouchers is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on each voucher.
22. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clauses, if for any reason a winner does not claim a prize as required, then the prize will be forfeited. Once booked the unique code is no longer valid.
23. If for any reason a winner does not redeem a voucher by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the voucher will be forfeited and no alternative will be offered.
24. If a prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
25. Total potential prize pool value is $1,003,000.
26. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes cannot be used to purchase gift certificates or lay-buys nor can they be re-sold. Prizes must be taken as offered. No modifications or exchanges will be possible. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value, performance or availability of any prize.
27. A draw for any unclaimed $200 discount accommodation voucher prizes may take place at 2pm AEST on 22/08/2012 at Level 1, 28 Richards Avenue, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW, 2010 subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing.
28. A draw for any unclaimed $1,000 accommodation voucher major prizes may take place at 2pm AEST on 19/11/2012 at Level 1, 28 Richards Avenue, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW, 2010 subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing and their names will be published on www.visitnsw.com on 26/11/2012.
29. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
30. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
31. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
32. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
33. Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Any instant win prizes that are part of the advertised total prize pool will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw.
34. Scratch cards will be void if stolen, forged or tampered with in any way.
35. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
36. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use/redemption of a prize.
37. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
38. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
39. Any entrant may be disqualified from this Promotion at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
a) Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction;
b) Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Promotion.
c) Abusive behaviour, including any use of harassing, negative, or profane language in submissions will not be tolerated and will also constitute grounds for immediate disqualification.
40. The Promoter is Destination NSW (ABN 52 890 768 976) of Level 2, 55 Harrington Street, Sydney, 2000, NSW, Telephone (02) 2 9931 1111.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/12/5140
Participating Centres and the Qualifying Spend for each Participating Centre is set out below:
|Participating Centres||Qualifying Spend (inclusive of GST)|
|Bondi Junction - 500 Oxford St, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Phone: (02) 9947 8000
| Burwood - 100 Burwood Rd
Burwood NSW 2134
Phone: (02) 8746 3900
| Chatswood - 1 Anderson Street, Chatswood NSW 2067
Phone: (02) 9412 1555
| Eastgardens - 152 Bunnerong Rd, Eastgardens NSW 2036
Phone: (02) 9344 6766
| Parramatta - 159-175 Church St, Parramatta NSW 2150
phone: (02) 9891 3929;
| Penrith - 159-175 Church St, Parramatta NSW 2150
Phone: (02) 9891 3929
| Miranda - 600 Kingsway, Miranda NSW 2228
Phone: (02) 9525 6344
| Sydney - 450 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: (02) 8236 9200